Quality Engineer Summary
Quality Engineer Job Opening in Cleveland, Ohio. An excellent machining company is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer in the greater Cleveland area. The Quality Engineer serve as a key member in the Quality Assurance department in Cleveland and shall report to the Quality Manager for this job. This is a great job opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer hoping to apply his or her skill set. This Cleveland job offers a competitive compensation package as well as job benefits.
Cleveland Quality Engineer Overview:
The Quality Engineer shall develop and coordinate the procedures and policies to enact in order to ensure the highest quality standards are met through out the industrial processes, materials, and finished products at the Cleveland, Ohio manufacturing plant.
Cleveland Quality Engineer Job Opening
- The Quality Engineer will organize and perform tests, design programs, inspection processes, and integration processes at the Cleveland site.
- Lead quality engineering reviews for design documents in order to ensure they meet standards.
- The Quality Engineer must utilize statistical process control (SPC) in order to analyze data and ensure that processes yield the highest quality products.
- Perform quality checks on products upon delivery from the vendor. Advise on whether orders should be accepted to returned, and provide advice on vendor relationships.
- The Quality Engineer will maintain records of all the data that in brought in during quality assurance analysis. Ensure that records meet company record keeping standards.
- Create new programs to solve issues that have arisen during quality checks.
- The Quality Engineer will notify interested parties of major issues or changes that have been discovered in Quality Assurance tests.
- Complete reports on quality assurance processes and tests as well personnel performing quality activities.
- The Quality Engineer must prepare and deliver presentations on technical information to personnel and management.
- Monitor and coordinate the activities of staff performing quality assurance tasks at the Cleveland, Ohio site.
- The Quality Engineer will keep familiar with government regulations as well as industry quality assurance standards while working out of Cleveland.
- The Quality Engineer must administer and perform upkeep on the company’s ECO (engineering change order) and serve as the main APQP (advanced product quality planning) lead.
Quality Engineer (Cleveland Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university is required for this job.
- 8-10 years of job experience as a Quality Engineer in Tier 1 or 2 Supplier.
- Demonstrated ability to improve quality of manufactured products.
- Familiar with and comfortable reading technical manuals, financial reports, journals, and documents. Able to develop presentations and articles.
- Effective if not exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent math skills, able to apply statistics, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Effective at understanding problems and using rational methods to discover solutions.
- Ability to use Microsoft office and WIN SPC. Mini-Tab and SQC PAC is preferable for this job.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.