Packaging Engineer Summary
Packaging Engineer Job Opening in Cleveland, Ohio. A market leader in household products is currently seeking to on board a Packaging Engineer in the greater Cleveland area. The company is currently experiencing great success, but would like to bring on creative innovators to improve their place in the market while working out of Cleveland, Ohio for this job. The company offers competitive compensation and a great package of job benefits. Only Packaging Engineers with a sense of creativity should apply to this Cleveland, Ohio job!
Cleveland Packaging Engineer Overview:
The Cleveland Packaging Engineer shall design and test packages in order to deliver the product to customers in an efficient and aesthetically pleasing manner. The Packaging Engineer shall work alongside other packaging engineers to collaborate on and critique designs. The Packaging Engineer will work both with the primary packaging of the product and the secondary packaging to transport and deliver the product in and outside of the Cleveland, Ohio plant.
Cleveland Packaging Engineer Job Opening
- Creates and build prototypes of packaging for new and existing products at the Cleveland plant.
- Note package components and assembly requirements in a document.
- The Cleveland Packaging Engineer must create new packages to better meet customer needs.
- The Packaging Engineer shall innovate and expedite the inclusion of new components in order to have them ready for new product launches.
- Utilize efficient designs while still meeting quality standards, low costs, and sustainable product in addition to being easily manufactured and assembled.
- The Packaging Engineer shall analyze and critique current packaging designs in order to improve the design.
- Analyze and recognize opportunities to improve the testing process.
- The Packaging Engineer will assist in trials for new components.
- Assist the manufacturing team with technical support on any problems with packaging.
- Field inquiries concerning packaging from other departments such as procurement, quality, and manufacturing.
- Keep and update a reference sheet concerning regulations, standards, procedures, practices, and materials.
- The Packaging Engineer shall during product introduction, partner with launch staff to provide package development and engineering support.
- Package non-production goods for marketing or sales purposes.
- The Packaging Engineer must plan and implement pallet patterns to ship finished goods in bulk.
- Receive packaging samples and information on packaging products from vendors.
- The Packaging Engineer shall create prototypes to present.
- The Packaging Engineer must delegate tasks to packaging technicians and other lab workers.
Packaging Engineer (Cleveland Area) Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering/sciences or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of experience working for a cosmetic, health & beauty, pharmaceutical, or food science company.
- Familiarity with plastics, dispensing systems, displays, and corrugated packaging.
- Familiarity with primary and secondary packaging.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software.
- Able to operate a Windows operating system and Microsoft Office programs.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.