Manufacturing Engineer Summary
Manufacturing Engineer Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A provider and manufacturer of manufacturing and engineering solutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in the greater Detroit, Michigan area. The Detroit Manufacturing Engineer shall design and improve manufacturing processes for a variety of projects or products at the Michigan plant. This Detroit company is currently growing quickly and provides many job opportunities for career advancement. Also, this job offers a competitive wage and a great job benefits package for Manufacturing Engineers in greater Detroit, Michigan who are looking for a challenge.
Detroit Manufacturing Engineer Overview:
The Manufacturing Engineer shall work with quality and plant staff at the Detroit, Michigan site to improve and develop manufacturing processes to suit different projects. At the Detroit, Michigan location, most of the machines within the shop are CNC, and will primarily be working on forgings and castings.
Detroit Manufacturing Engineer Job Opening
- Develop and build the manufacturing process under budget, before the project deadline, and within cycle-time constraints.
- The Manufacturing Engineer must evaluate the process to find potential problems that may arise during the build in addition to resources that may slow the process. Notify proper personnel of issues in order to remedy those issues as quickly as possible.
- Assist and direct manufacturing personnel shortly after implementation so that product is fabricated and assembled properly and to the design specifiactions.
- The Manufacturing Engineer must utilize CAD and 3D design software to design processes. A high level of CAD skills will be necessary.
- Lead and assist in the advanced product quality planning process for all new products.
- Create and establish processes and procedures to support machine technologies.
- Create and edit CNC codes for turning, milling, and end working.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will partner with Quality staff to troubleshoot tooling and process concerns.
- Investigate new tooling or process methods.
- The Manufacturing Engineer must design processes to meet all quality standards in addition to internal, industry, and government safety standards.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will collaborate with other personnel in the company to understand and meet customer expectations.
Manufacturing Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university is required for this job.
- Four years of job experience in a manufacturing or process engineering role.
- Previous job experience working in an automotive company, additonal past machining experience is preferable.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- A demonstrated job history of project management leading to successful results.
- Exceptional CAD and 3D modeling skills.
- Able to read technical manuals, instructions, and blueprints.
- Solidworks experience or similar software experience is preferable.
- Thorough understanding of G&M codes and CNC programming.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills.
- A team-oriented mindset yet able to work independently.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.