Technical Writer Summary
Technical Writer Job Opening in Dallas, Texas. A Dallas, Texas company specializing in manufacturing lawn maintenance equipment and other related products is looking for an individual to take over as a Technical Writer at the Dallas, Texas location. This Dallas, Texas company is a leading manufacturer that is looking for a job candidate who will be able to provide writing assistance for a list of different company products. An ideal job candidate will be someone that is thorough with a good attention to detail as well as someone who can teach others while working out of Dallas.
Dallas Technical Writer Overview:
The Dallas, Texas Technical Writer will be mainly responsible for creating various types of documentations including: manuals, training guidelines, handouts, instructions, etc. This job will have a job candidate publishing these documents as well as eLearning courses and other computer related training.
Dallas Technical Writer Job Opening
- Must be able to explain technical ideas and concepts to different groups of people based off their skill level.
- The Technical Writer will meet with members of different departments and subject matter experts to gather information for the base of publications.
- The Technical Writer will establish a systematic review process for the development of new and previous training publications.
- The Technical Writer will create simple to follow user documentations for a variety of publication type related to training.
- Must organize publications to have photos, graphs, charts, etc. as a tool to help with teaching training.
- A plus will be creating animations or videos to help enhance publications and presentations.
- Must maintain publications that have been released to see different ways they are offered to purchase, control of different versions, regularly updating them, etc.
- The Technical Writer will assist other personnel by proofreading various training documents and activities when needed.
- The Technical Writer will visit different vendors/dealers outside of Dallas, Texas as needed to gather information or train people as required.
Technical Writer (Dallas Area) Job Requirements:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5 or more years of experience relating to this type of work.
- Experience with manufacturing and/or after sales support is a big plus to this line of work.
- Must have top of the line verbal and written communication skills to deal all publications out as effectively as possible.
- Ability to be a leader in meetings to get information and somewhere down the road manages projects.
- Must have maximum proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. as well as other publication software’s.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and the added ability to organize all of them.
- Written or spoken knowledge of Spanish and/or Canadian French is a plus.
- Travel around 15% of the time may be required outside of Dallas, Texas.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.